Skip to main content

I Quit



I'm done with all the flattering;
With all the praises, fake cares and those fake smiles-
I should have known how wrong I was-
To think this world is a safer place.

I'm done with all the fear-
The fear of being bullied and harassed-
The fear of being sent to hell if you do something wrong ;
The constant fear of all the words and stares-
Which is more dangerous than whipping.Because
In whipping at least you are free to commit any mistake-
In the former you cannot even do anything which will displease others.
The fear of being unsafe in this warfield;
I should have known how wrong I was-
To think this world is a better place.

I'm done with being shackled,
Not being allowed to do anything freely,
Write about something which will be disapproving for them-
You'll land in heaven or hell the next day.
Joke about something and you'll be jailed.
Tell them you want to do something of your own will,
You'll be told such things that you'll go numb.
Do something which they don't approve-
You'll be whipped with their stingy words for the rest of your life.
I should have known how wrong I was-
To think the world is a safer place.

I'm done with the world's play,
Where everyone hides behind a mask,
Where everyone plays a role of teaching you a lesson,
Where truth and lie are in the same line,
Where people pretend to be a character which they  are not.
I should have known how wrong I was-
To think this world is a safer place.

I'm done with being laughed at,
I'm done with being judged without any reason,
I'm done with receiving fake courtesies,
I'm done with all the fears and not being able to express myself,
I'm done with tolerating everything silently-
I'm done with all the people in this world.
And hence, I quit.

I quit being the self I was.
I quit believing in others,
I quit caring about the world,
I quit reacting to everyone's comments;
I quit speaking about reality;
I quit being a devil in this world full of angels.

I quit being the older me.
A new person will greet you from tomorrow-
In my disguise. And hopefully you would like him.
And thanks for proving how wrong I was-
In believing everything I've ever believed.
Thanks for showing me the reality;
Thanks for making me emotionless.

Like it or not, I don't even seem to care now,
But it's you who has forced me to quit, my
dear.


©AshutoshAcharya,2k17

Comments

Post a Comment